Southfield Compassion Event Calendar

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Southfield Compassion Medical Marijuana Meeting


Southfield Compassion will hold its first meeting Monday, February 1, 2010 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Southfield Community Library, 26300 Evergreen Road, Southfield, Michigan.


Compassion club meetings are designed to educate and inform the community on Michigan's Medical Marijuana Laws. We will provide detailed information regarding qualifying medical conditions. This is an opportunity to network with patients, caregivers, loved-ones and the community.

Michigan Medical Marijuana Act educational review
Q&A
Cooking with Cannabis
Growing techniques

FREE legal advice from an Attorney specializing in Medical Marijuana Laws with over 30 years experience in traffic, license restorations, alcohol and drug case defenses.

This meeting is open to anyone over the age of 18. If you are under 18, you must have a parent or guardian present.

This is a non-profit educational meeting, however we are asking for a minimum of $3 donation to cover location fees, informational hand-outs, etc.

If you should have any questions or concerns please contact:

Catherine, Executive Director


3 comments:

  1. I just attended my 1st meeting tonight. I got some basic insight and a few tips. I was hoping for a little more info, but You gave me a complete set of forms to get me started.

    I think it is great what you are doing for those in need! Maybe I could help in some way, as I have some free time....my back is kinda smashed and I can't work. (SSI is slower to get approved than a MM Registery I.D. card).

    I can't believe I'm the 1st to post here, I was hoping to find all kinds of tips and connections...

    Metbe the Farmington blog or gmail will have more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Informative. Answered all the questions that it seemed everyone else was quessing at. I attend as many meetings as possible just to make sure I am curent to any law changes or devolepments. I also like being able to socialize with other people that believe in other forms of treatment of chronic pain.
    Hope to see you at the next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know exactly what Southfield City Council is proposing to do about MM??
    It is very scarey right now to think that they can change the laws in southfield so that we cannot grow our own med's. One township aligned themselves with ONE dispensery and outlawed patients from growing in their town - rather, they are forcing them to buy from one dispensary. So, they giveth and taketh away. Who the heck can afford $300/oz from a dispenary??
    What do we need to do in Southfield to protect our rights to grow our own medicine??
    This meeting they had scheduled was postponed until Jan 18th.. Do we all need to attend to ensure that ONE dispensary is not going to be our source of affordable med's?? If someone will please advise and if necessary, help us organize and attend this meeting to ensure this does not happen in Southfield???? We don't need to be stepping back in time; but, progress onward!!! Thank You Janis

    ReplyDelete